Lessons & Stories
Get ready to add incredible fun and excitement to any lesson with Gospel Light’s Big Books!
No matter what brand of curriculum or type of program you teach, Big Books ministry resources will provide hours of additional fun through puzzles, object lessons, Bible stories, challenging activities and much more. Nearly every Big Book resource is referenced by related scripture or topic. It’s no wonder why churches and parents everywhere are in love with Big Books!
Big Book of Bible Facts and Fun
Help students investigate and explore the Bible like never before. The Big Book of Bible Facts and Fun is an ideal supplement to any Sunday School curriculum or VBS and for Christian schools or homeschooling. Recommended for ages 6 to 12.
- Bible people and events
- Bible maps and timelines
- Puzzles, coloring pages and much more.
978-0-8307-3845-8 • $19.99
The Big Book of Bible Skills
With Bible book cards and fun games, kids will learn the books of the Bible. This resource includes active games that teach a variety of Bible skills: book order, major divisions of the Bible, locating references, key themes. Recommended for ages 6-12.
- Each activity printed on a separate page for ease of use
- Bible skills and memory activities for group use
- Bible skills activity pages
- Reproducible Bible cards
978-0-8307-2346-1 • $19.99
Big Book of Bible Story Art Activities
Here are 100+ art activities for preschoolers! Each page of the Big Book of Bible Story Art Activities features an art activity on one side with a related Bible story to read aloud on the other! Every art activity has added enrichment options and conversation suggestions related to the Bible content. Recommended for ages 8-12.
- Training tips to help teach preschoolers effectively
- Talk About section gives words to say that help kids
978-0-8307-3308-8 • $19.99
The Big Book of Christian Growth
The Big Book of Christian Growth is an easy-to-use resource that helps lead preteens in discussing and applying Bible truth to their lives. You’ll find instant discussion starter activities that can be used anytime, anywhere with important discipleship concepts for preteens. Recommended for ages 9 to 12.
- Includes 306 discussion cards
- Questions based on 17 key Bible passages
- 75 games and activities to use in leading discussions on any topic
978-0-8307-2586-1 • $19.99
Big Book of Discipleship Basics
Get kids to participate in a small-group discussion with a foolproof format that engages and keeps them involved in the topic. Written for kids in grades 3-6, these fun activities and Bible studies with thought-provoking questions lay a foundation of faith for Jesus. 52 small-group lessons; step-by-step format for leading small group; gives you amazing opportunities for discipleship. Recommended for ages 8-12.
- Builds discipleship into kids’ lives
- Weekly “Get Real” page for kids to use in connecting with God, applying Bible truth to life
- CD-ROM with the entire book
978-0-8307-4401-5 • $29.99
Easter Crafts & Activities
Celebrate Easter with children, bringing the true focus of Easter to the forefront. With Easter Crafts & Activities, you’ll find ideas for creating or supplementing special Easter programs that can be used for second-hour Sunday School, midweek, kid’s club or home school.
Parents, too, will enjoy sharing special times at home with their child, with these unique crafts and activities. Recommended for Ages 6 to 12.
978-0-8307-2344-7 • $19.99
Big Book of God’s Amazing Animals
Each lesson in the Big Book of God’s Amazing Animals relates facts about the featured animal to a particular Bible verse. As kids learn more about fascinating animals God created (dolphins, penguins, koala bears, whales, etc.) they’ll also learn about how that animal’s characteristics teach us about ways God wants us to live. Recommended for ages 6-12.
- 52 lessons that include Bible Memory Verses, Animal Talks, Kid Connections, Prayer, Application, Games and Discussion Circles
- Lessons also include take-home papers featuring animal Cool Stats and Fun Facts along with the lesson’s Bible memory verse, to reinforce Bible learning at home
978-0-8307-3714-7 • $19.99
Big Book of God’s Amazing Creation
In the Big Book of God’s Amazing Creation, activities are related to each day of creation (for instance, on the fifth day, God created birds and fish, so activities are related to birds and fish are grouped together in the Day Five section). Fun and engaging activities are sure to keep kids’ attention and help them understand and appreciate the wonders of God’s creation! Recommended for Ages 6 to 12.
- 52 lessons that include prayer and praise suggestions for each activity that focuses on thanking and praising God for His love, power and greatness
- “Why It Works” explains how activities or experiments work
978-0-8307-3844-1 • $19.99
Big Book of Holiday and Bible Celebrations
30 ready-to-use lessons for that can be used throughout the year. Includes 14 seasonal holiday lessons (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s, Easter, Mother’s Day, etc.) and 16 Bible-times celebration lessons (Feast of Trumpets, Day of Atonement, Jubilee, etc.). Recommended for Ages 6 to 12.
- Contains a Bible verse index and Bible story index
- Resource for children’s pastors, teachers, and parents
978-0-83073846-5 • $19.99
Big Book of Kid Sermons and Object Talks
52 object talks that offer Bible truths in engaging ways. Great for children’s sermons, supplemental Sunday School curriculum, children’s ministry program, day school, or homeschool curriculum. Recommended for Ages 6 to 12.
- Discussion questions help make object talks relevant to students’ lives
- Book appeals to many learning styles through active, artistic and scientific methods
978-0-8307-2516-8 • $19.99
Big Book of No Object Object Talks
100 instant, no-materials interactive object lessons, grouped around biblical topics. Grouped by categories such as prayer, following Jesus, and reading the Bible. For kids and adults. Recommended for Ages 6 to 12.
- CD-ROM (included) makes it easy to send an object lesson to a volunteer
- Illustrated object lessons
- Field tested by author Tim Simpson
978-0-8307-4358-2 • $29.99
Big Book of Read-Aloud Stories #1
Packed with Bible content communicated through life stories of kids like your preschoolers! Discussion questions focus on the way God’s Word helps us to live as Jesus’ followers. Enhances any curriculum and provides easy-to-use Bible lessons at your fingertips—as an extra filler or a way to help kids see how God works in their lives! Recommended for Ages 2 to 5.
- Each story has a fun activity page for kids to complete
- Includes CD-ROM of everything in the book; reproduce or email what you need
- Creative activity with every lesson to reinforce the Bible truth
978-0-8307-5104-4 • $29.99
Big Book of Read-Aloud Stories #2
Do you need Bible content communicated through life stories of kids like your preschoolers? Then you need the Big Book of Read-Aloud Bible Stores #2! Discussion questions focus on the way God’s Word helps us to live as Jesus’ followers. Enhances any curriculum and provides easy-to-use Bible lessons at your fingertips—as an extra filler or a way to help kids see how God works in their lives! Recommended for Ages 2 to 5.
- Fun stories about kids in everyday life
- Helps preschoolers hear and see how God’s Word helps them
- Talk-about questions provided for every story
978-0-8307-5228-7 • $29.99
The Big Book of Service Projects
Help children learn to be leaders in serving family and friends, church family, people in the community and around the world. These service projects enrich any curriculum by giving kids practical ways to apply what they learn about loving and serving God and others. Recommended for Ages 6 to 12.
- Options included to adapt projects to any elementary age level
- Encouragements to kids to begin a lifetime of Christian service
978-0-8307-2633-1 • $19.99
The Big Picture Bible Timeline
Simple and bold, the black and white visuals of the Big Picture Time Line are a the perfect starting place for your Bible lessons. The awesome resource helps children focus on the portions of Scripture you’re teaching; when you put all the pieces of this Bible time line together, they’ll see when Bible events happened in relation to each other and how those events all fit together to tell one story. Recommended for Ages 6 to 12.
- Graphically shows the Big Picture of When Bible Events Happened
- 60-feet Long. Hang on Your Wall and Wrap Around Your Room
- Reproducible to Send Home with Your Students
- Includes Scripture References
- Provides fun visuals for Your Bible Lessons
978-0-8307-1472-8 • $19.99
Really Big Book of Kids’ Sermon and Object Talks
The Really Big Book of Kids Sermons and Oject Talks is bursting with must-have resources for anyone who wants to encourage children to read God’s Word and apply it to their lives. Packed with 156 sermons that are organized by topics such as friendship, prayer, salvation, God’s love, and forgiveness. Recommended for Ages 6 to 12.
- Sermons that use everyday household objects
- Discussion questions, prayer and optional information for older kids
- CD-ROM makes it easy to use these sermons online or in church newsletters
- Use CD-ROM print or digitally share talks with parents to use them at home
978-0-8307-3657-7 • $39.99